Monday, July 9, 2012

When Life Seems to Rush By

Fourth of July Parade
The past month has flown by for me.  In fact, I've been so "busy" that my walk with God seems to have been a little stagnant.  Do you ever feel that way?  I've noticed that my blog posts have been fewer and not as many discussing the things that God is teaching me.  Red flag!

I've known for years that the thing that takes me away from God is simply being caught up in life, whatever that may be for the season that I am in.  It's frustrating to me that the very thing that God has given us (time, family, life to enjoy) is what keeps us from Him. 

I just finished reading the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.  I was very influenced by the chapters on "lukewarm" Christians.  We all display characteristics of "lukewarm" at times in our lives, but I don't want that!  My heart cries out to live for God!  I want my family to be used by God to point others to Jesus. 

So, what to do when life seems to take over?  Take a deep breath, acknowledge that I have let life get in the way of my relationship with God and realize what is important.  My purpose on this earth is to glorify God and lead others to Jesus that they may have eternal life and an abundant life here on earth. 

As we watched the July 4th Parade (pictured above) this year, my mom commented that we were so busy picking up candy that we missed a lot of the parade.  So true!  I saw very little of it.  I was trying to get enough candy to fill two birthday pinatas for the kids' party in a couple weeks (which we did!).  As I thought about what she said, I realized that this is how we often approach life.  I was so "busy" picking up candy that life just passed me by.  We can become so focused on the things we are doing that the main purpose of our existence gets overlooked.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!