Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Freedom



We officially started our first homeschool year on Monday.  Since I was still feeling a little uneasy about how to schedule our days, I decided to jump in this week with the curriculum that we had purchased for this year and just see what happened.  We were already doing school work a couple days a week mostly in the afternoon time.  But, we were just using the school books sold by Wal-Mart and other retail stores.  Actually, this haphazard style of learning that I had been doing with Dasia for the past year and a half had worked fairly well for us.  She learned to read, tell time to the hour, recognize coins, and simple addition.  So, with the success that we have already had, you would think that officially starting homeschool would not really feel any different.

But, it did.  I think all three of us felt strange.  Afer today, the feeling is starting to fade from me.  It might just be the fact that "offically" starting school created emotional pressure that just wasn't there before.  I just want God to lead us and this to be a wonderful experience (although there will be frustrations, because I don't think any child always wants to do school work every time it is presented).  I realize that it is perfectly fine to make changes as needed and to add or remove any curriculum that we are using in order to find out what works best for us.  Can you say FREEDOM?  As I'm writing, I'm being renewed by the Lord that this is a wonderful opportunity for Him to change me and teach Dale and I how to raise our children to love the Lord!

As I've learned to walk with God in every day life over the last several years, I have noticed that FREEDOM is very important. 

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.  Galatians 5:1

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.  Romans 6:18

God wants all of us to be free to love Him, ourselves and others!  As you choose to walk with God and let Him change you, freedom becomes more evident in your life.  God can give you freedom from jealousy, self-hatred, addiction, debt...whatever you are facing, God wants His people FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!