Saturday, June 23, 2012

Speak the Word


Previously, I wrote about speaking the Word over your life.  I have a book written by Joyce Meyer called "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" which is a wonderful reference book for scriptures that pertain to specific areas of life.  I thought I would share a few of the scriptures that she has listed in the section Confessions for Wives.  I have been reading aloud and confessing the scriptures for parents and wives.  Here are a few scriptures from the section for wives.

An excellent wife is the crown of her husband.  I am an excellent wife.  Proverbs 12:4

House and riches are the inheritance of fathers and a prudent wife is from the Lord.  I am a prudent wife.  Proverbs 19:14

I am worthy of respect and serious, not a gossiper, but temperate and self-controlled, trustworthy in all things.  1 Timothy 3:11 

The scriptures above were worded in first person by the author to make them personal to the person speaking forth the Word. 

Try reading aloud the scriptures above and see if you can feel your spirit lift.  I'm always amazed at the encouragement I feel from speaking forth the Word! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!