Thursday, June 14, 2012

Speaking God's Word





Do you ever find yourself not doing things that you know you should? 

A few weeks ago, I took part in a five week challenge to help improve a few areas in my life.  After our vacation, just about every one of those challenges have fallen to the side.  I've been thinking about what is really important and asking the Lord to order my life the way He wants it to be.  The changes that I made in my daily life during those five weeks were all good things.  But, I just cannot keep up with all of that.  The summer is always busier for my family for two simple reasons.  1) My children love to play outside!  2) My husband is gone more in the evenings due to all the people who need help (he used to work on air conditioners) and he does a lot of maintenance work at a local church camp.  In light of those two things, I am choosing to not feel bad if I do not exercise as much as I would like and do not get the house cleaned every week.

This is what I hear God speaking to me about my life.....
1.) Reading through the Bible is fine, but not to be my main focus.  I found a plan for my Kindle that will take you through the Bible in a year.  I like this because if I get behind, I'm not going to worry about it or try to make up the day.  I'm just going to keep reading where I left off.
2.) Go back to keeping my monthly prayer list and pray over those items each day.
3.) Start confessing the Word.  I have known for years that this was important and I have owned the book pictured above for years.  But, I do not do that very often.  And,definitely not on a regular basis.  The book above was written by Joyce Meyer and is simply a list of scriptures to confess for various areas in your life.  This may be an area of controversy for some, but this is how I see it.  God's Word is powerful.  When I hear a preacher who is speaking the Scriptures, I can feel my spirit soar.  That's enough proof for me!  I'm going to start with the sections, Confessions for Wives and Confessions for Parents.
4.) Love on my children!  Take time to hold them on my lap regardless of what is not being accomplished.  Because, that's one of the reasons that God put me here on Earth.  To love, train, and encourage my precious little children.

As you walk with God, do not be hard on yourself.  Ask God for wisdom in your daily life and enjoy His sweet presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!