Monday, September 3, 2012

Praying for Your Husband


As I mentioned last Monday, Women Living Well and three other bloggers have joined together for a Revive Your Marriage month.  The first "challenge" is to pray for your husband and your marriage.  When your eye falls on your wedding ring, let it be a reminder to pray for not only your husband, but also your marriage. 

I liked what Courtney said in her post, "If you don't pray for your husband, who will?"  And the other evening at church, the pastor mentioned that not only had Satan taken prayer out of school, but Satan had taken it out of our daily lives.  I thought this was a very powerful statement.  Take a minute to really think about that.  Do you pray regularly?  Do you pray without ceasing?

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Until now you have not asked for anything in my name.  Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.  John 16:24

The kids and I do pray for Dale on the days when he is at work.  We ask God to protect him and give him favor.  As a reminder for myself to pray for my husband each day, I'm going to put a note on the bathroom mirror and pray for him as I get ready in the mornings. 

In addition to praying for your husband, try speaking forth the Word over his life.  I have mentioned a book before by Joyce Meyer that is a great tool for confessing the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!