Monday, July 30, 2012

Our First Home School Books Are Here

Home school books for 2012-2013 school year.

I ordered our first year's home school books last week and everything arrived today.  Dasia will be starting kindergarten this fall.  I am planning on using the books above.  But, I bought first grade materials.  So, if any of it seems too hard, we may step back and purchase kindergarten books.  Dylan will be using those in a couple years anyway.  We will be using Saxon Math, A Reason for Science and A Reason for Handwriting.  I also purchased a used Hooked on Phonics for First Grade, but I think we need the kindergarten level for phonics.  Dasia is doing really well reading Bob Books.  We have Sight Words for Kindergarten and Set 2 Advancing Beginners.  However, the Hooked on Phonics set came with a list of words the child should be able to read easily before starting the program and she can't read all of those words easily yet. 

I'm also going to work with Dylan, who just turned 3.  I will be using the preschool books from Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree, etc.  I'll also use online printables for him.  We are going to take it very slow for him.  He does well with about 10 minutes and then is ready to do something else. 

I'm starting to get excited about our new stage in life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!