Monday, May 7, 2012

I'll Be Happy When....Part 1

I'll be happy when......Have you ever said those words?  I have.  I remember many years ago being in high school saying those words.  It went something like this.  I'll be happy when I lose 5 pounds and I have a boyfriend.  At one point, I lost the pounds I desired and had a boyfriend.  And guess what?  I was NOT happy.  At the time, I realized that what I thought I wanted did not bring happiness, but I did not know what did.  A few more years went by and still I had the same thoughts.  I'll be happy when I get a car, get married, have children, etc.

Is it possible for possessions to make you happy?  For a time, you may be caught up in the excitement of your new purchase.  But it will not bring lasting joy.  The same is true for a spouse and children.  They will not bring you true happiness.  They may bring lots of excitement and fun to your life, but they will not provide the joy for which you are longing.  They cannot provide it.  God did not create husbands, wives and children for that purpose.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.  John 8:32

God alone can bring the joy and peace that you need.  Since He desires to be the source of your joy, He will not allow you to be completely happy without Him.  There will be an emptiness inside of you that can only be filled with a true relationship with your heavenly Savior.   We loved him because he first loved us.  1 John 4:19

Happiness does not depend upon other people or circumstances.  If it did, who would seek God?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!