Monday, May 28, 2012

Keeping Our Eyes Wide Open







 I took advantage of our long drive to Orlando to read a book I mentioned in an earlier post called “Unmask the Predators: The Battle to Protect Your Child” by Lisa Cherry and Kalyn Waller.  I read (devoured) most of this book while we were driving.  My husband and I used to attend the church that Lisa and her husband pastor. 

While I knew some of Kalyn’s story, there was a lot that I did not know.  This book not only explains what Kalyn and her family went through when she became involved with a sexual predator, but provides insight into how Satan attacks families and how God can set your family free. 

Even if you do not have children, this is a powerful book to help you see how Satan works to deceive every one of us.  Following are a few excerpts from the book that I felt were very powerful.

“As Christian parents we tell our kids that God has a plan for their lives.  Perhaps it is time to tell them that the devil has a plan for their lives also!”

“The alarming thing about deception is that it is deceiving!   Think about it.  You cannot self- recognize when you are deceived – for you cannot see what you cannot see.  Or, in other words, you do not know what you do not know.”

“Just as light always dispels darkness, truth always dominates over lies.  To protect our children in these difficult days, we must have the tenacity of faith to ask the Lord to reveal any pockets of deception operating in our home.  Then we must intentionally step out of all deception and walk into the power of truth.”

You can find out more about Lisa and her family on her blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!