Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Comparisons - Is There a Better Way to Live?


I don't know about you, but I have always been one to compare things.  As long as I can remember, I have compared myself to others.  I have compared my looks, size, material things, jobs, marital status, education, number of children, and on and on..... Lately, when the comparisons start, God has been telling me to stop comparing myself.  Until He started saying that, I hadn't given the process much thought.  I have always compared myself to others.  But, that is not God's best for me or anyone else.  What do you gain by comparing yourself to others?  Nothing, but wasting your time.  I know I can find better things to think about than who appears to be doing better than me.  God wants each one of us to be the unique person He created us to be.  He has good plans for me, but the plans are different than the ones He has for you.  For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 When I permit myself to compare my life to the lives of others, I begin to feel bad about myself.  By thinking the thoughts in the first place, I am letting Satan torment me.  God wants me to be who He created me to be.  For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.  Ephesians 2:10  I cannot fulfill the plans God has for my life if I am constantly tormented that I am not like someone else.  Break free from the torment of comparing yourself to others!  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.  2 Corinthians 10:5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!