Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Why a Plan is Important


I have always considered myself to be a planning and scheduling type person.  But over the past year, that seems to have changed.  When I worked full-time and part-time, I guess I didn't really get to schedule my day.  I had to go to work and the rest of life had to revolve around that.  Anyway, I felt like I was a scheduled person.  As a stay at home mom, I actually get to decide each day what the children and I will do.  For the past year, I have for the most part just let life happen while we are at home.  I feel that God is leading me to become a little more organized in the months before we begin our new life as homeschoolers.

While many people have jobs outside the home and do not have much flexibility in their day to day schedules, there is still a lot of planning and goal setting that can (and maybe needs) to be done to help realize dreams and enjoy your life to the fullest.  My husband and I have noticed that if we do not have a plan, not much will happen.  Some areas where we are in need of plans are 1) saving for retirement, 2) having date nights, 3) physical fitness and healthy eating, 4) chores for our children.  I am sure there are other areas where we need to establish a plan in order to achieve our desires but these are the areas that the Lord is placing on my heart.

I have felt God pushing me in this direction.  If you do not have a vision and make plans to accomplish the vision, years down the road you will still be wishing for something that you do not have in your life.  I hear people say often that they wish they had more money for retirement and were thinner or healthier.  In order to achieve those goals, you must plan.  


Proverbs 6:6-8

New Living Translation (NLT)
Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones.
    Learn from their ways and become wise!
Though they have no prince
    or governor or ruler to make them work,
they labor hard all summer,
    gathering food for the winter

Proverbs 21:5

New Living Translation (NLT)
Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity,
    but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!