Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sharing the Daily Word


25 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are so careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy—full of greed and self-indulgence! 26 You blind Pharisee! First wash the inside of the cup and the dish, and then the outside will become clean, too.  Matthew 23:25-26   

As I read my Bible reading today, I was reminded of the importance of letting God clean me up.  I am not perfect, as no one other than Jesus is either.  There are lots of things inside of me that are not of God.  God wants to cleanse me of those things and transform me so that I become more like Him.  It is more important to God that I have a clean heart and love towards Him and others than that I "look" like I have life together on the outside.  God knows my heart.  I can't hide from Him.  Lord, change me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!