Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Encouragement for Singles


Psalm 27:14   
Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous.
    Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

When I graduated from college, I also began my walk with God.  I had a great desire to someday be married and wanted to follow God's will for my life.  I was feeling sad and thinking poorly of myself because I did not have a boyfriend and was not able to "see"  anything happening in that area.  I began to pray every morning on my way to work for my "future husband" that of course I did not yet know.  About six months later, after believing that God had a husband he was preparing for me, I met the man that I was to marry.  At some point during this time, my aunt bought the Bible pictured above for me.  She asked if I wanted my name on it.  I said I wanted to wait because I was believing God that someday I would have a new name as my future husband's wife.  If you are in the place that I was several years ago, be encouraged.  God loves you and wants to fulfill the desires of your heart as you walk with him.  The waiting may take longer that you would like.  It almost always does in my life.  But the blessings God will bring to you are worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!