Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sharing the Daily Word


Instead of just providing a link to the Bible Reading Plan that I am following, I am going to share part of the reading that spoke to me each day.  Why am I reading through the Bible this year?  I felt like God said it was time to be consistent with reading the Bible.  I am always in the middle of a couple Christian Living books and God has used many books to change my life.  However, reading the Word is not to be neglected.  As I read, I am praying that God will open up the eyes of my heart and cause the Word to be effective in my life.  You can read the Bible as a regular book, or you can read it believing that it will change your life.  I pray that God will encourage you with His word!

 SHARE THE WORD

36 Then, leaving the crowds outside, Jesus went into the house. His disciples said, “Please explain to us the story of the weeds in the field.”
37 Jesus replied, “The Son of Man is the farmer who plants the good seed. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed represents the people of the Kingdom. The weeds are the people who belong to the evil one. 39 The enemy who planted the weeds among the wheat is the devil. The harvest is the end of the world, and the harvesters are the angels.
40 “Just as the weeds are sorted out and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the world. 41 The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in their Father’s Kingdom. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!   Matthew 13:36-43

As I read the above passage, I was reminded of the end times.  The world will end and people will go to hell.  It isn't a joke or something to make fun of.  If you want to spend eternity with the lover of your soul, cry out to Jesus.  He will save you not only to live with Him forever, but to have a abundant and joyful life on this earth!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!