Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Vision for Our Family




 Five years ago, my husband and I were introduced to Victory Christian Center, a church in a nearby town.  We were looking for a church home and soon began attending there.  That's where we were when God called Dale to pastor South County Line Christian Church, which is where we are now.

While attending Victory Christian Center, we had a chance to observe some special families.  That's where I saw what I wanted!  The pastor was a father to 10 children.  I watched each Sunday as those children served God.  I listened to those young adults pray during the service.  I watched those children jump up and down and worship the Lord.  And I stood in amazement.....this was my first experience to really see a family in love with God that it couldn't be denied.  These children weren't just attending church because their parents said they had to go, they had relationships with God themselves!  And I knew that I wanted that too!  At the time, we did not yet have any children.  I remember walking to our car after service one day and the pastor ran out to catch us and asked if he could pray that God would bless us with children.  Well, God did!  And He gave us so much more, something to "see", how a family could follow God together.  

And so, here is our vision for our family........

                    That God will use our family to point others to Jesus.

                    Children who have their own "walks with God" so that when it becomes time for us 
                    to let them go, they will go the only way they know.  Following hard after God!

                    To live the life that God has called us to wherever that may lead.



4 comments:

  1. Trina, I so enjoy your posts! There is an awesome free homeschool how to seminar with Anne Elliott and her husband Kraig going on Mon, Tues, Wed of this week. I just sent you an email with the link. I will try to post it here also. Bless you!!
    http://homeschoolhowtoconference.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui! I'll take any tips and advice that you have. Do you use any particular curriculum? I've been looking, but haven't made any decisions yet.

      Delete
  2. Trina, this blessed me so much! I am so proud of you, Trina. This is a powerful blog! God bless you and your family. We are going to publish your button and share you with others. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, thanks so much for the encouragement! You are still encouraging me even though we are not at church with you anymore. I love reading your posts! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!