Thursday, April 26, 2012

Without a Vision


I recently started reading a book by Dave Ramsey called "More Than Enough".  This is the first book of his that I have ever read.  I'm only a few pages into it and I really believe that God is confirming to me how important it is to have a vision.  Over the past few weeks, I have felt that God is leading me to begin to not only put structure in my daily life which means putting structure in my children's life, but to set some goals. I have a few other posts sharing some of the goals that I have put in place over the past few weeks.  To show you how God works in my life, this book that I ordered from Dave Ramsey talks about this exact thing!  I thought I was getting a book about finances, but it appears that it covers much more than that.  I love it when God confirms something he is laying on my heart with another source.  Do you have a vision for your life?  I believe that God wants you to have dreams and plans to work toward those goals.

Where there is no vision, the people perish.  Proverbs 29:18

If you don't have a dream or vision for your life, your life will not get better.

For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  Jeremiah 29:11

God has good plans for your life, do you?  I feel the Lord telling me this is important.  My husband and I have randomly discussed  financial plans, desires for our family and our church, but we don't have a formal vision.  Since God seems to be laying this on my heart pretty heavy lately, I believe it is time to write out our vision.  I am asking God to show us what His vision is for our family.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!