Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Captivating - John and Stasi Eldridge

As I mentioned earlier, I'm currently reading "Captivating, Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul" by John and Stasi Eldridge.  The book is about the hurts that women face during their lives which cause them to become something other than what God desired for them to be.  The authors describe some types of women and I can see myself in one of them.  Here's an excerpt from the book:

Like Eve after she tasted the forbidden fruit, we women hide.......We will not risk rejection or looking like a fool.  We have spoken in the past and and been met with blank stares and mocking guffaws.  We will not do it again.  We hide because we are afraid.   We have been wounded and wounded deeply.  ......To hide means to remain safe, to hurt less.  At least that's what we think......And it has never occurred to us that in all our hiding, something precious is also lost-something the world needs from us very, very much.

Until I read this book, I had never thought of myself as a "hider", but while reading this passage, I see that as part of myself.  I don't want to "hide", but to fulfill everything God has called me to do and to see others set free also.  God wants to heal you and set you free too from the past hurts that you have suffered.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!