Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Captivating"




I wanted to share a little more from the book that I am reading.  It is Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge.  This is the first book that I have read by either one of the authors.  I am really enjoying the things that I am learning from them.  They are bringing a fresh perspective to some things in the Bible.  The following is what I wanted to share with you today.

From Captivating:
            There is an initial step, the first step of this, which we call salvation.  We hear Christ knocking and we open our hearts to him as Savior.  It is the first turning.  But the principle of this "knocking and waiting for permission to come in" remains true well into our Christian life.
            You see, we all pretty much handle our brokenness in the same way-we mishandle it.  It hurts too much to go there.  So we shut the door to that room in our hearts, and we throw away the key......But that does not bring healing.....
            In order to experience his healing, we must also give him permission to come in to the places we have so long shut to anyone........Give him permission.  Give him access to your broken heart.  Ask him to come to these places. 


I know it can be difficult to face things that have hurt you in the past, but God really wants to heal your broken heart.  The result of his healing is a much better life for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!