Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Absolute Favorite Fiction Author


Over the past year, I have become hooked on Karen Kingsbury books.  I love the stories that she writes.  It is so easy to get caught up in each book and I've read several!  But, what I wanted to share today is one of my favorite parts of the books she writes.  At the beginning of each book, Karen writes a Dedication section.  When I first started reading her books, I cried all the way through the Dedication pages.  In that section, she writes a letter to her husband and each of her children.  She writes a little about the activities they are involved in, but she talks mostly about their hearts for God and how proud she is of them.  I definitely can't do it justice, but I feel in my heart that this is very important.  I am planning on doing this for my children.  I thought I would write letters to them and keep them in their Baby Books for when they are older.  I have not started, but I will do it.  At least, one per year, but possibly more.  If you are looking for some different books to read, check out Karen Kingsbury.  In every book, the characters demonstrate their own walk with God.  I love the lifting of my faith that happens as I read through the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!