Sunday, March 25, 2012

Read Thru the Bible with Me


Welcome to Day 10 of reading thru the Bible in a year.  If you are interested in reading the whole Bible in a year and would like some encouragement and reminders, join me!  I am praying that God increases my faith and yours as we read thru the Bible this year.

When Jesus returned to Capernaum, a Roman officer[b] came and pleaded with him, “Lord, my young servant[c] lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.”
Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.”
But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.”  Matthew 8:5-9


Did you catch what the Roman officer said to Jesus in the verses above?  He said that he knew his servant would be healed if Jesus only said the word.  But what I found interesting was his explanation that followed.  He understood authority and chains of command.  Jesus is over all.  The sickness would leave the man based on the authority of Jesus.  It had to go. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!