Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Shh, Don't Sing the Words


                                                                    Image Credit

Words are powerful!  It's true that your life is greatly affected by the words that you speak.  Yes, you can harm or encourage others by the words spoken to them and about them, but your words can also affect the direction of your life.  In the scripture below, your tongue is compared to the bit in a horse's mouth.  The bit is used to change the direction of the horse.  Therefore, your tongue is used to change your direction.  Try it!  Speak forth positively in areas where you normally speak negatively and see what happens!

When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal.  Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go.  Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. James 3:3-6

When I began paying attention to what I was saying, I became aware of a song that we often sang at church.  I really like the song, but refuse to sing the first two lines.  After a while of me purposely not singing the first two lines of this song, Dale finally joined in.  We sit quietly until the 3rd line and then join in. Following is the first verse so you can see what I am talking about.  

I'm satisfied with just a cottage below,
A little silver and a
little gold;
But in that city where the ransomed will shine,
I want a gold one that's silver-lined. 

I don't want just a cottage and a little money here on earth.  I want to be blessed and live life abundantly!    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for sharing! I pray that you are loving your walk with God!